[EdLUG] EDLUG IRC channel

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 15:40:22 UTC 2020

Root of problem has been Identified

http://edlug.org.uk - redirects to our site correctly

https://edlug.org.uk - redirects to the other site - this is because
edlug.org.uk wasn't set up with HTTPS. Because of this, the backend Apache,
when asked for a HTTPS site, does not resolve the site correctly. If your
browser has the "HTTPS Everywhere" plugin like I do, then the browser will
force HTTPS and therefore forcibly trigger the bad redirect.

This will be fixed at some point by the hosting provider, I'm not
considering it a high priority thing for now so not pushing the resolution.

Thanks for pointing it out!

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software