[EdLUG] SSD

Dick Middleton dick at fouter.net
Mon Jun 22 08:47:26 UTC 2020

On 2020-06-21 22:56, Andrew Smith wrote:
> Andrew
> Symbolic links will do the job just fine.
> -s option with ln. I used a  similar situation to store all my iplayer downloads on a
> separate drive.
> Andrew

Interesting that.  What are the pros and cons of symlinking a disc vs mounting (or bind
mounting) it?

I think it depends on whether these SD cards are considered removable discs or mini-hard
discs. You need a mount point somewhere anyway, why not at the point it's used.  Also
mounts are available in chroot situations.

So many choices

Dick