[EdLUG] Help

Andrew Ramage andrew.ramage.1963 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 18:51:39 UTC 2020

I commented  out some lines in fstab that I had entered, mounting SD cards.
I have now created a recovery boot USB drive, but the main system boots to its normal screen.  How do I get the system to boot to the USB ?
On 08/07/2020 19:33:09, Jeremy Nicoll <jn.ml.elx.813 at letterboxes.org> wrote:
On Tue, 7 Jul 2020, at 09:56, Andrew Ramage wrote:
> I have been having trouble starting up my system. I commented out the
> lines in fstab that added the SD cards to it. I can now see the login
> screen but my password is not working. Anyone know how to fix this?

Did this start happening out of the blue? (If so, maybe there's an
underlying hardware error.) Otherwise...

... what had you changed on your system since the last time start-up
worked ok?

Do you keep notes about what you change? If not, you should do.

--
Jeremy Nicoll - my opinions are my own.