[EdLUG] September Talk , Call for talks

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Fri Aug 21 19:54:55 UTC 2020

Hi all

Talk is announced ! Share far and wide, to colleagues, schools,
universities, and beyond!

https://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Linux-User-Group-EdLUG/events/272728131

+++

That's September's talk scheduled... there are none scheduled afterwards.

Can someone please step forward? It's easy, it's fun, and you'll definitely
feel a sense of accomplishment from it!

Specifically if you are out of ideas or non-technical , I'd like to suggest
the below topics - but please do come forward with any topic you can think
of !

* Writing in Markdown - what is it, how to use it for yourself?
* The Internet Archive & the Way Back Machine - Preserving our Digital Past
* Finding FOSS alternatives with AlternativeTo.net and Switching.software
* How & Why I Self-Hosted [X]

If you would like to talk about a different topic, please do! The only
requirements is that is has to do with some sort of Free/Open Source
Software, or be about online privacy.

All the best

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski

EdLUG Maintainer: https://edlug.gitlab.io/

Edinburgh Language Meetup Organiser
https://www.meetup.com/Edinburgh-Language-Exchange-Meetup-Group/

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software