[EdLUG] Help ?

Andrew Robinson andrew at robinson-a.co.uk
Mon Apr 27 09:09:02 UTC 2020

It's quite an open question as you're using PHP. So basic questions would be, do you have PHP on the server? I see you have a php.ini file in your directory.

PHP is server side, it's probably worth knowing you can do all you're trying to do with HTML5 and JavaScript, but if you're trying to learn PHP then fair enough.

I would confirm your PHP install is working, it'll depend on what webserver you're using. But a phpinfo page would be a good start 'phpinfo();'.

Looking at your code you're referencing your upload file as '/upload.php'. Confirm if that's correct, you can just use 'upload.php' if they're all in the same dir on the server.

Links to other pages will be hyperlinks, eg you'd have index.php (you have test.html), you'd then have page2.php etc, on your home/index page you'd have a hyperlink to the other pages, usually a menu which would be on every page. So '<a href="page2.php" > Link to Page 2</a>'.

I would Google for a HTML tutorials and start with a basic site without a server side language like PHP first. Get used to the structure of a webpage and have a site you can move between pages, then add what you want after. But again, you can do all this in the browser without PHP.

Cheers,

Andy