[EdLUG] Old Thinkpad collector? Someone wants to talk to you...

Tai Kedzierski dch.tai at gmail.com
Thu Nov 28 23:50:10 UTC 2019

I got a message through the Girl Geeks network as per the below - a TV
prod company wants to talk to people who used / collect / own old
ThinkPads for a documentary

If you can help please get in touch with Vicki Watson directly:
vicki.watson at tvi-ltd.co.uk

We're currently making a documentary for the BBC about Silicon Glen,
the area of Scotland which once boasted many big electronics
companies. One of the main focuses will be on IBM, which had a huge
base in the town of Greenock. We’ll be speaking to former workers and
looking at the social history of the company in Greenock and the story
of the electronics industry in Scotland too.

We’ll be looking at some of the products manufactured in Greenock over
the years - one of those being the IBM ThinkPad. (Before it was later
taken over by Lenovo). The ThinkPad, and especially the earlier IBM
versions, seems to have attracted a cult following.

We’re currently on the lookout for any individuals, companies or
enthusiasts who still use or collect the early IBM ThinkPad models.

I wondered if anyone in your group does, or could point us in the
right direction. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’d be grateful if you could help to circulate this message around the
group. I can be reached on 0141 573 0552 or via email at
vicki.watson at tvi-ltd.co.uk if anyone can help.

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

I use LibreOffice , a free, Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software