[EdLUG] In search of a new venue still

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Jan 10 16:04:39 UTC 2019

Hi Tai,

I'd be open to moving the meeting to a different Thursday of the month
(I almost always forget about it on the first Thursday). I'd also be
fairly open to moving to a Monday or a Tuesday.

RE: venue you raise a good point about whether the venue *has* to be a
pub. My suggestion is along the same lines as yours in we meet up in a
more tech-friendly place and have talks/demos there then move onto a
local hostelry for drinks of an alcoholic and non-alcoholic nature.

This would hopefully make it more appealing to people who either don't
drink or are more socially anxious and gives the option that those who
are more interesting in the social aspects could just skip to the pub part.

In terms of venues the only other one I could think of would be Techcube
at Summerhall but looking at their web they're mostly geared up for use
as office space and would probably be well outside our price range. I'm
not sure if Edinburgh Hacklab would be interested in offering us their
space (we used to have some members on the list, not sure if this is
still the case)

Kind regards,
Mark

--