[EdLUG] GPD pocket up for grabs

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Oct 26 10:45:47 UTC 2018

Hi all

Some time ago I backed the GPD Pocket Indiegogo and got one.

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/gpd-pocket-7-0-umpc-laptop-ubuntu-or-win-10-os

It turns it out it's much more of a hobbyist's machine - whilst it works
pretty nicely when it does work, it has boot time issues (sometimes boots
to off mode, does not always clear a suspend/restart bit somewhere).
Sometimes has wireless issues (interface just drops, reboot to start again).

I no longer have the time or inclination to troubleshoot these kinds of
things so if anybody is interested in having a play around with it, do let
me know, I can hand over the item, sometime in evening or week-end.

It has been re-installed recently using the Ubuntu MATE 18.10 image for GPD
Pocket, I can throw in a USB stick with that image on if desired.

https://www.omgubuntu.co.uk/2018/10/ubuntu-mate-18-10-gpd-pocket-laptop

Thanks

Tai

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

RHCSA # 170-060-834
<https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/verify?certId=170-060-834>

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software