[EdLUG] Oculus Rift in Linux?

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Oct 17 10:50:29 UTC 2018

Hi guys,

I'm trying to understand if I want to buy Oculus Rift to play VR in Steam
or not. I've googled a bit about this, but cannot find specific answer if
it's compatible with Linux or not. It seems like they've originally tried
to support Linux, but now are only focused on Windows.

Still I see Arch Wiki stating the steps to setup Oculus SDK and make it
working. Also, Steam has done recent updates to extend support of SteamVR
and OpenVR in Linux.

However, I cannot find any recent thread on any forum where someone would
say "Yes, I actually played VR games in Oculus Rift on Linux".

Does anyone have this device by any chance? If so, how well it works in
Linux?

Best Regards,
Maxim