[EdLUG] Certificate errors subscribing to the list

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Oct 5 09:03:09 UTC 2018

Hi Thomas

Just checked, the server is serving a valid Let's Encrypt certificate, in
the correct date timeframe. Firefox does not complain, nor does curl

If this persists on your end, here's a few troubleshooting questions which
may help:

* is your computer's clock correctly set
* is your system's certificates trust stores up to date
* what OS are you using
* what was the certificate error message
* are you on a company LAN , is it set to rewrite connections with bogus
certificates

HTH

===
Tai Kedzierski
Linux Operations and Deployments Engineer

RHCSA # 170-060-834
<https://www.redhat.com/rhtapps/services/verify?certId=170-060-834>

I use LibreOffice <https://www.libreoffice.org/> , a free,
Freedom-respecting replacement for MS Office

*Open Source Free Software is a matter of liberty, not price.*
https://www.fsf.org/about/what-is-free-software