[EdLUG] Going free: ADSL2+ modem router

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Oct 4 22:14:57 UTC 2018

Hi folks
A spare WiFi router can be work well with a pair of home-plugs to extend
the WiFi around your home. I use a couple of old skip  rescued ones to do
just that, You can also use  them as a 10/100 Mbps switch.
I tried to go fibre, but made the huge mistake of using the criminal
organisation Talktalk. Keep well clear is my advice. Choose a broadband
provider which uses BT Openreach to resolve problems, as they have exchange
access and good tools to fix any problems.
Andrew

T:01383-411351
M: 0772-456-3636
E: asmith9983 at gmail.com