[EdLUG] Meeting Roundup

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Nov 14 16:29:27 UTC 2018

Probably want to know what's possible first.

Personally I've been floating the idea of moving off of the current system
in favour of a free hosted solution such as Google Groups (alternatives
welcome). Aka something that we do not need to maintain that offers a
buffer against the automated trolling we suffered a couple years ago. That
of course will present some technical challenges in and of itself, but I
feel self-hosting email-based services is not a viable option given the
commitment time we are/anyone is willing to put in.

If the archive can be exported to static HTML pages, that gives us an easy
solution for keeping the archive online whilst also moving to a new system.