[EdLUG] Free kit! (or old junk depending on your perspective)

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Feb 21 17:05:53 UTC 2018

Hi,

Having a clear out due to an office move. Free to a good (or in fact
any) home.. Descriptions below, pics at https://photos.app.goo.gl/gTyWS8U1GIp78Zat2

HP Thin Clients
---------------------

1x t5745
2x t5735

These will run HP's Thin Client software (ThinPro for the t5745,
possibly just an older one for the the others). That's Linux based and
I have  netbooted them with a standard x86 Linux distro.

Various 17 inch monitors
---------------------------------

2x HP
1x Acer
1x No name

Annex terminal servers
-------------------------------

1x 8 port
2x 16 port

These are ancient terminal servers, we used to use them for serial
consoles on networking gear. Unfortunately I can only find one of the
AUI to 10baseT transceivers, but looks like you can still find those
on ebay. These worked last time I booted them but that was some years
ago.

Sun Javastation 1

Bit of computing
history.. http://www.computinghistory.org.uk/det/41562/Sun-JavaStation-1/
no idea if it boots or if you can still get an image to netboot it..

Cheers,

Barney.