[EdLUG] New sites owner, convenor

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sat Dec 8 16:42:10 UTC 2018

Hi all

This is to confirm that Jan and Paul have passed the access details to the
group's online assets to me, and I intend to get a core group of members
together so that we can ensure shared responsibility.

Jan and Paul have been running this group for years, and their dedication
and effort have helped us keep going thus far; taking the pressure and duty
off of them will allow them respite from the responsibilities. Many thanks
to both for their efforts !

As has been discussed previously, we're trying to move to having the
operational side of EdLUG move to a shared responsibility amongst a core
group ; currently Shehraz and myself have been trying to look after the
meetups ourselves, and I'm taking in the responsibility of the online
assets.

Definition of the core group is still open, in terms of defining some
initial members as well as scope/limit of responsibilities.

Topics first to look at will include continuing to find a new venue
suitable for doing talks in , getting new talks confirmed, and simplifying
our oneline presence/assets.

All the best, and see you all in January

Tai