[EdLUG] EdLUG Plans 2018

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Nov 3 17:20:33 UTC 2017

Hi EdLUG

Thanks to everyone who attended the meet-up yesterday. We had a constructive discussion which has led to a few proposals.

Firstly, there are plans for a Christmas Meal in December, which Joe Barnett will mail about separately.

Secondly, the first meet-up for 2018 will ‪on Thursday 4th January‬ at The Southsider ‪at 7.30pm‬.

However, it is felt that Thursday is no longer a good day to hold EdLUG. This is due to several factors, including having to compete against the quiz and that the pub is so busy. So, the day will be changed to the first Monday of every month from February 2018 onwards. We will continue to meet at The Southsider ‪at 7.30pm‬, with the second meet-up taking place ‪on Monday 5th February 2018‬.

If there are any objections, please respond to this e-mail and suggestions for other appropriate venues can be considered.

The format of EdLUG will largely stay the same as previous years. We plan to hold some talks from February 2018 onwards and have active discussions on Linux & other open source software. It is our hope that this will encourage new members to join EdLUG and for previous attendees to return.

Contributions to this thread are welcome from all members of EdLUG.

Best Wishes

Shehraz