[EdLUG] Using a Samsung M2026 on Linux

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu May 4 13:22:52 UTC 2017

My nephew recently gave me a new printer for my birthday.  As usual, the
drivers supplied were for Windows, with no information about installing
it on Linux.  The driver selected by the Printer Install routine did not
work, and after contacting Samsung I received a link to the website
where the driver is stored.  I downloaded it but installing it did not
work.  Here is the output:

andrew at andrew-Lenovo-G50-30:~/Download/Software/uld$ install-printerdriver

/usr/share/system-config-printer/insll-printerdriver.py:3: PyGIWarning:
PackageKitGlib was imported without specifying a version first. Use
gi.require_version('PackageKitGlib', '1.0') before import to ensure that
the right version gets loaded.
   from gi.repository import GLib, PackageKitGlib
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/system-config-printer/install-printerdriver.py",
line 20, in <module>
     package = sys.argv[1]
IndexError: list index out of range
andrew at andrew-Lenovo-G50-30:~/Download/Software/uld$

Can anyone tell me how to fix this ?