[EdLUG] ARM Servers & Storage

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sat Apr 22 17:03:40 UTC 2017

On 04/22/17 17:53, Edinburgh Linux Users Group wrote:
> Hi all;
>
> Let's see if I can explain this clearly.
>
> I have one Odroid XU4 (octa-core) and four Odroid C2 (quad-core) and
> four 2TB WD USB hard drives. All will be using Xubuntu 16.04
> As it has more processor power, the XU4 will be the cluster master
> node, and each C2 will have one hard drive attached.
> Eventually I intend to add more hard drives and more processor nodes
> for redundancy and processing power.
>
> I'm looking for a way to pool all the hard drive space together, make
> it available across the whole cluster, and to other ad-hoc clients not
> in the cluster; maybe NFS, SMB, and a cloud solution.

There's a few things:  what about glusterfs, or zfs or andrewsfs (afs).
I think maybe btrfs does clustering?

I was looking at glusterfs the other day and I thought it looked
interesting, especially if you're wanting to add some redundency into
your setup.

There are other things you can do for clients.  Google around for cloud
software.  I came across a top 10 cloud softwares article which had
varous suggestions.  E.G there's ownCloud if you want something like
dropbox.

Dick