[EdLUG] Can't access ipad with Ubuntu / Lubuntu 14.04

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Mon Nov 28 07:43:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

I am having the same problem on two different machines, one running Ubuntu
14.04 and the other running Lubuntu 14.04.  I can't access my GF's ipad
(which she has given me permission to access, of course, to get pictures of
a recent vacation off of the ipad).

To make a very long story short, I have googled and installed some
packages, but no luck.  My GF has recently updated her ipad (which she got
for free as in beer).  I was able to access it before she updated, but not
after.  I am wondering if anyone has a workaround or a fix that does not
involve going to Ubuntu 16.04, because I want to avoid systemd.  Thanks
either way.

And here is the slighly longer story:

I am getting this error:

Unhandled Lockdown error (-256)

and so to resolve it, I went here and got this tip:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/591126/unhandled-lockdown-error-256

Which essentially said install a package, which I did, and then got this
error message,

Unhandled Lockdown error (-16)

And googled it and installed some more packages, but still no luck.

The lesson that I am drawing from all of this is don't accept proprietary
machines even if they are free as in beer.  They are more trouble than they
are worth.

Thanks again!

--
Christian Einfeldt