[EdLUG] Graphics issues

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sat Nov 12 23:17:29 UTC 2016

Hi Roy,

I made the xorg.conf file with exactly those contents and permissions (and
now understand the elusive chmod codes!). On rebooting I checked with
xrandr and it loaded as 1600x900 resolution, which isn't even listed in
xorg.conf, but that may have been the resolution I was using before
rebooting.

Anyway, I set the resolution to 1280x720 (which is what I want) and
rebooted and hey presto it stuck. I tested it with a few screen locks by
closing the laptop lid, and it seems to preserve my choice, though I do now
seem to have a slightly odd issue in that the screen blacks out half way
through typing my password, and I have to use the power button to bring the
screen back on, but it still has the password half typed. I think I can
live with that however.

So, all good so far, I'll keep an eye on it and revive the thread if it
shows signs of freezing up again.

Thanks so much for all your help!!

Andrew.