[EdLUG] How to tell if a computer is 32 bit or 64 bit

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sat Jul 30 20:12:39 UTC 2016

Hi,

Thanks for that info.  When I ran that command, it just said 64:

$ getconf LONG_BIT
64

I have installed 64 bit Lubuntu, and was then able to install Google Chrome
and watch Netflix, thereby confirming again that I am running Lubuntu as 64
bit.

I don't normally use proprietary browsers.  My default browser is Firefox,
followed by Chromium followed by Chrome only when necessary.

Thanks to everyone who helped with this issue!  I'm very grateful!

--
Christian Einfeldt