[EdLUG] participation in the Europe-wide Linux Presentation Day

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Thu Jul 14 02:12:35 UTC 2016

Hello,

Am Mittwoch, 13. Juli 2016, 18:36:50 CEST schrieb Edinburgh Linux Users Group:
> Hi,
>
> Do you have links to any such events?

these were the two in UK:

http://www.linux-presentation-day.org.uk/#locations

The other event pages are obviously not in English. This is ours at BeLUG

http://www.belug.de/lpd.html

These are the not yet translated considerations on thre national German web
site:

http://www.linux-presentation-day.de/mitmachen/veranstalter/#inhalt

> I would like to see where the events
> are held and how they are structured.

The LPD events are quite different, depending on the capabilities, resources
and interests of the respective hostinmg organisation. The LPD is not a kind
of brand in the sense that you can expect a certain kind of event and we try
to spread this kind of event.

The LPD brand is used for on the one hand getting more attantion and on the
other hand as a fingerpost. We are telling the public where there are some nice
people who show them someting about Linux and answer their questions.

So you just think about what you can and would likt to do. In the easiest case
you just put three PCs with different desktop environments somewhere and one
contact person beside each. If you want to invest more effort then you can
present certain topics of relevance for the target audience or even some
talks. But I would suggest to start with little effort (so that noone is
discouraged from the next event) and get some experience with the visitors.
It's annoying to invest much effort and having to realize that the visitors
are not really interested in that.

Unfortunately we forgot to shoot a video at the BeLUG events. There is only
one I am aware of from another (German) location:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zm5LSYuM2do

CU

Hauke
--
http://www.linux-presentation-day.org/

International phone contact for the Linux Presentation Day:
     tel:+49-30-55579620 (13:00–23:00, German and English)

XMPP (Chat with OTR): linux-presentation-day at jabber.ccc.de
   OTR: 91626899 1C06F2BD 75EC2441 35C696CE 38F75997