[EdLUG] PINE64 - New Raspberry Pi competitor

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Fri Jan 29 20:24:50 UTC 2016

Quoting Edinburgh Linux Users Group <edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk>:

> On 29 Jan 2016 12:23 am, "Edinburgh Linux Users Group" <
> edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk> wrote:

>> I'm curious if anyone else has signed up for the PINE64 kickstarter?

> I too decided to back this, opting for the 2GB version. I'll probably end
> up using it as a replacement for my pi2 behind the TV - assuming I can get
> it working with my boblight setup, which I suspect might go down the route
> of being controlled from an arduino rather than directly over spi as it is
> now.

Only thing my Pi ever ended up used for - so far - has been providing
a promo video piece at craft fairs.

> Failing that, it might end up running a TV/satellite tuner, but that seems
> overkill 😉

Maxim #37: There is no "overkill". There is only "open fire", and "I
need to reload". ;-)

Brian McNeil
--
Wikinewsie.org | http://wikinewsie.org | https://en.wikinews.org
"Facts don't cease to be facts, but news ceases to be news."
GSM: +44 (0)788 987 8314 | brian.mcneil at wikinewsie.org
GPG Fingerprint: 7C3D FFD5 5ED5 B80F 1D18 A52B E84C 8928 6ABC A7AD