[EdLUG] Disposing of a few bits and pieces

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Mon Feb 1 09:08:55 UTC 2016

On 1 Feb 2016 12:12 am, "Edinburgh Linux Users Group" <
edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk> wrote:

> Hi Geetam,
>
> I'm afraid someone got in just ahead of you and is arranging to come
collect the desktop!  I'll get back in touch with you if that doesn't work
out though.
> Obviously the rest of the stuff (like the PCI card) is still available if
it's any use, just drop me a line.

Hi Geetam,

If you're in need of a motherboard/couple/ram/etc let me know. I've got
something of a similar spec’d CPU on an Intel board in the garage that has
been doing nothing for too long 😁.

I've probably got must of the original boxes, etc too.

Feel free to contact me off list.

-Colin

> Cheers,
>
> David
>

> On 30 January 2016 at 13:44, Edinburgh Linux Users Group <
edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk> wrote:

>> Hi David
>>
>> I would be interested in some of your bits and pieces. The MB in the
tower PC is better than my desktop... The PCI SATA card could come in handy
too. I live in Southside, so collecting it is easy.

>> Thank you
>> Geetam
>>
>> On 28 Jan 2016 22:36, Edinburgh Linux Users Group <
edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk> wrote:

>> > Hey folks,
>> >
>> > I'm disposing of a few bits and pieces, just thought I'd offer them
here in case they can find use in an interesting project somewhere!  Not
looking for any money as long as you can collect them; I'm fairly central
(near the Pleasance).  Please get in touch if you want any pictures.

>> > - Linksys WRT54G (Haven't tested but I'm pretty sure it's working, and
may have been flashed with DDWRT or similar)

>> > - D-Link network webcam DCS-5300G (Unfortunately the video stream uses
an ActiveX control that I've never got working on Linux.  It's simple
enough to grab images though.)

>> > - PCI SATA card
>> >
>> > - Cheap USB keyboard
>> >
>> > - Cheap USB 7.1 soundcard
>> >
>> > - A couple of 60mm Fractal Design fans (unused)
>> >
>> > - Working tower PC.  It hasn't been used in a few years, but seems to
be running fine.  I just ran a Memtest and CPU burn for an hour or two.
Only issue is that the power supply fan is making a slight buzz.
>> > CPU:    Intel Core2 Duo E6600 (2 x 2.4GHz).  CPU cooler is an Arctic
Freezer 7
>> > MB: MSI P965 Neo
>> > RAM: 4GB DDR2 (4 x 1GB)
>> > GPU: Nvidia Quadro FX380
>> > There's an old IDE DVD writer in it, and a couple of big case fans.
There is no hard drive or operating system.  It has a cheap power supply
(with dodgy fan as mentioned above).