[EdLUG] Module parameters are different from cmdline

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Wed Dec 28 21:12:41 UTC 2016

Hi Roy,

I see your point. Interesting, I see the entries from i915 (about tainting
kernel) Before any root fs mounting. Which means that it's either built
into the kernel or should be inside initramfs.

Also, apart from the config, if I try to run this command:

*$ grep i915 /lib/modules/4.8.0-32-generic/modules.builtin*
It gives no output, which means that i915 must be a separate module.

However, when I try to look into initramfs:

*$ cpio -i < initrd.img-4.8.0-32-generic*
I see only one file there:
*./kernel/x86/microcode/GenuineIntel.bin*

Now I'm a bit confused - it's loaded before root fs, it's referred as a
separate module in all configs, but it's not in initrd...

Best Regards,
Maxim