[EdLUG] WPAD

Edinburgh Linux Users Group edlug at lists.edlug.org.uk
Sun Aug 14 17:35:35 UTC 2016

Hello,

Did you turn it on, or do you use Windows / IE?

"WPAD is enabled by default on all Microsoft Windows operating systems and Internet Explorer browsers. WPAD is supported but not enabled by default on Mac and Linux-based operating systems, as well as, Safari, Chrome, and Firefox browsers." -- https://nakedsecurity.sophos.com/2016/05/25/when-domain-names-attack-the-wpad-name-collision-vulnerability/

For IE you can turn it off by visiting Internet Options > Connections > LAN Settings > Automatically Detect Settings

Hope that helps.

Cheers,
Craig
--
Barking Iguana Ltd. is a company registered in England and Wales. Registered number: 08915147. Registered address: Jubilee House, East Beach, Lytham, St. Annes, Lancashire, England, FY8 5FT.